Here is a carrot cake recipe I’ve made a couple of times now. It’s moist and delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp groud nutmeg
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple (juice removed)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. (I used a 9″ round springform pan, but this seems to be too small for this much batter)
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla essence. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla essence. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.